In the middle of wedding season 2009 I unexpectedly had to have abdominal surgery. Everything turned out fine, but I got really behind on blogging, and there are several wonderful weddings I didn’t get a chance to post. So…I’m blogging them now! 🙂 Danielle and Jeremy were married on a beautiful June day at The Overlook House in N Portland. I would say the majority of the weddings I shoot are non-denominational, but it’s fun mixing things up with an occasional traditional ceremony, like their Jewish wedding. Since we didn’t get to do an engagement session, the first time working with them was on the wedding day, but they were so in love with each other it made things really easy for me.
Since the wedding was almost 2 years ago, I don’t have a list of all the vendors, but I do remember Marisa of Double Checked Weddings doing an amazing job of helping coordinate the wedding! Btw, a couple of these images are on their new website! 🙂
Getting ready. I sure do love me some mirrors!
Wind in the chuppah…
A perfect reaction to seeing his beautiful bride for the first time.
Signing of the ketubah
Such a beautiful ceremony
I loved how the guests were surrounding the couple under the chuppah.
Makes me teary eyed, too.
The dropping of the challah is tradition, right? 😉 Oops!
So in love.
In lieu of an engagement session (because they live in CA), they opted for a newlywed session right after the reception. I loved this, because there was no rush to get anywhere, and we got to go into NW Portland for some relaxed, creative bride and groom pics! First, we started around the Overlook property…
Then to NW Portland.
Wind + long veils + beautiful light = my favorite 🙂
SUCH a beautiful bride!
Danielle & Jeremy, I apologize for not blogging these sooner, but know that I’ve always thought your wedding and relationship was beautiful. I hope married life these last 2 years have been wonderful. You deserve it!
Also, Marisa just emailed me a list of the vendors, so here you go! Thanks for being so organized, Marisa! 😉
Photographer: Jessica Watson Photography
Coordinator: Marisa Coleman of Double Checked Weddings
Venue: The Overlook House
Band/trumpet player: Ben Macy
Vocalist: Shelly Rudolph
Officiant: Rabbi David Kominsky
Florist: Center of Attention Flowers
Caterer: Phresh Organic Catering
Cake: Whole Foods
Challah: Elephant’s Deli
Jeremy Reid - Thanks so much for posting these Jessica, and for the kind words. That was such a fantastic day. I think we still feel like we are on our honeymoon! You were a pleasure to work with and gave us amazing memories with your wonderfully stylish photography. You’ll definitely be our first choice to help us document other milestones in our lives.
On a side note. ALL of the vendors were amazing to work with. Must be a Portland thing, as I’m not sure I would have been able to say the same if we had our wedding in SF.
Danielle can comment on the rest, but regarding the interaction I had with:
* Marisa was flawless. She made the day go off without a hitch and kept any problems there might have been invisible to us.
* The band – Shelly, Ben, et al. – Performed their best! And I still can’t believe we were able to get such incredible and versatile talent to play for us. What a great combo and a class act!
* Phresh Catering – Organic and locally grown at it’s best! Plus the staff was as professional as can be. When are you guys opening a restaurant? We’re so there when you do! (Rob, look me up next time you’re in SF, we’ll catch some bands!)
* Elephant’s Deli also hosted our practice lunch. I couldn’t stop eating. There was fantastic food coming out of every nook and cranny of that place. What a local gem!
* Rabbi Kominsky brought it all together by really working with us to find out about who we are, what makes us tick, and getting us to uncover the true bonds between Danielle and I.
Jessica, here’s to lasting memories!